Marion County High School opened on Sept. 11, 1912, in the same place it is currently located, although the school is located in its second building currently.
Shown here, courtesy of Marion County School Board Member Don Jones, is the first building, constructed in 1912, after renovations. The photo was taken about 1970. This first building burned on June 24, 1971.
Even though other towns in the county sought the county high school, Guin won the bid. The cornerstone to the first school building was placed in a ceremony on June 5, 1912.
See complete story in the Journal Record.