By P.J. Gossett General Manager
GUIN — Guin was only a railroad stop on the Kansas City, Memphis and Birmingham railroad in a town called Caudle in 1887. Within two years, Caudle no longer existed. It’s name changed to Guin, and it grew rapidly into a larger town.
Caudle established first - Caudle was established with a post office on April 24, 1883. The first postmaster was Stephen Caudle, who the town was named after. Caudle was also a justice of the peace and notary public, and he was the only postmaster to serve the town of Cau- dle, which lasted just under five years.
See complete story in the Journal Record.