HAMILTON - Schools in the Marion County School System and the Winfield City School System will start classes on Wednesday, Aug. 8.
Officials with both school systems have released the following information regarding open houses and orientations. Some schools also shared other pertinent information concerning students:
• Brilliant Elementary School will hold open house and registration on Thursday, Aug. 2, from 4-6 p.m.
Parents may pick up student supply lists from the school at anytime. The school has also forwarded the list to local Walmarts. Supplies may be brought to a student’s teacher during the open house event.
• Brilliant High School will hold open house and orientation on Thursday, Aug. 2, from 3-5 p.m.
Juniors and seniors can sign up and pay for lockers and parking passes from 8-11 a.m. that morning. Grades seven through nine will come from 12-3 p.m
• Guin Elementary School will hold open house and late registration on Monday, Aug. 6, from 4-6 p.m.
Parents of new pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students will need to bring their child’s blue immunization form, birth certificate, Social Security card and proof of residency.
• Marion County High School will hold open house on Monday, Aug. 6, from 4-6 p.m.
An orientation for seventh-grade students and their parents will be held the same day at 5 p.m. in the All-Purpose Room.
• Liberty Christian Academy will hold an orientation for all new and returning students on Friday, Aug. 3, at 7 p.m. Classes begin on Wednesday, Aug. 8.
• Hackleburg Elementary School will hold open house on Tuesday, Aug. 7, from 4-6 p.m.
• Hackleburg High School will have student registration on Tuesday, July 31, with students able to pick up schedules and rent lockers and parking spaces at the following assigned times:
Seniors - 8 a.m.; juniors - 8:30 a.m., sophomores - 9 a.m.; freshmen - 9:30 a.m.; eighth-graders - 10 p.m.; and seventh-graders - 10:30 p.m.
• Hamilton Elementary School will hold orientation on Thursday, Aug. 2, for third - and fourth-grade students from 4-5:30 p.m.
On Friday, Aug. 3, kindergarten through second-grade will be having their orientations from 4-5:30 p.m.
Students will uses this time to bring classroom supplies and take them to their assigned classrooms. Staff members will be in the office and on the sidewalk to assist.
• Hamilton Middle School will hold open house on Monday, Aug. 6, from 4-6 p.m.
During that time, sixth-graders will go to the annex building and seventh- and eighth-graders will go to the main building to pick up schedules.
An orientation will be held for fifth-graders and all news students and at 4 p.m. in the lunchroom.
• Hamilton High School will hold an orientation on Monday, Aug. 6, for seniors at 5 p.m. and juniors at 6:30 p.m.
Orientation for sophomores will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 7, at 5:30 p.m. Orientation for freshmen and all new students will be Tuesday, Aug. 7, at 6:30 p.m.
Phillips (Bear Creek)
• Phillips Elementary School will hold open house on Monday, Aug. 6, from 4-6 p.m.
• Phillips High School will hold new student registration on Monday, July 30, from 8 to 10 a.m.
Orientation will be held for grades 11 - 12 on Monday, July 30, in the lunchroom at the following times: Seniors - 1 p.m.; and juniors - 2 p.m.
Orientation for grades seven - 10 will be held on Tuesday, July 31, in the lunchroom at the following times: Sophomores - 9 a.m.; freshmen - 10 a.m.; eighth-graders - 1 p.m.; and seventh-graders - 2 p.m.
Locker rentals and Parking Permits are $10. Students must have a driver’s license and insurance card to obtain a parking permit.
• Winfield City Elementary School will hold open house on Tuesday, Aug. 7, from 4-6 p.m.
Kindergarten orientation will take place on Thursday, Aug. 9, from 4-6 p.m.
• Winfield City Middle School will hold open house and orientation for fifth-grade students and parents on Monday, Aug. 6, at 6 p.m.
Open house for grades six through eight will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 7, from 5-7 p.m.
• Winfield City High School will hold open house and orientation on Tuesday, Aug. 7, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
There will be ninth-grade orientation the same day, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
See complete story in the Journal Record.