HAMILTON - The Marion County Extension Office will be offering “Together We Can Creat Healthy Relationships for Our Family” Oct. 15 - Dec. 3 with Melanie Allen as the instructor.
Allen is a Human Sciences Extension Agent, Family and Child Development.
This course is open to:
• Married or non-married parents raising a child together;
• Single parents and other support persons raising a child;
• Pregnant and expecting a child; and
• Anyone wanting to learn healthy relationship skills.
Those who complete the course will receive a certificate good for parenting, foster/house parents, childcare providers, or anyone needing general education hours.
Allen will be teaching the course on Mondays from 12:30-2:30 p.m. at the Marion County Extension Office located at 372 7th Avenue SW in Hamilton, the Courthouse Annex.
The sessions will be as follows:
• Oct. 15 - Building a Strong Family & Parent with a Purpose;
• Oct. 29 - Ages & Stages of Development & Communication Skills;
• Nov. 5 - Stress & Conflict Management;
• Nov. 26 - Positive Discipline; and
• Dec. 3 - Healthy Relationships & Step Families & Co-Parenting.
Interested persons may register by calling the Marion County Extension Office at 921-3551 or can also request more information at this number.
Allen can be contacted at (256) 200-2996.
See complete story in the Journal Record.