Meetings are at the respective city hall or the board’s office unless otherwise noted; groups not directly affiliated with local government are indicated by italics:
• American Legion Post 100 in Winfield, second Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.
• Sonny James American Legion Post 165 in Hackleburg, first Saturday; call commander Tim Howard at 412-1314 for time of meeting.
• Bear Creek Town Council, first and third Mondays, 6 p.m.
• Bear Creek Water and Sewer Board, first Tuesday, 6 p.m.
• Brilliant Lions Club, second and fourth Mondays, 6:30 p.m., State Bank and Trust annex.
• Brilliant Town Council, fourth Wednesday, 5:30 p.m.
• Brilliant Park and Recreation Board, second Monday, 6 p.m., Brilliant Town Hall.
• Glen Allen Town Council, first Tuesday, 7 p.m.
• Guin City Council, first and third Mondays, 5 p.m.
• Guin Park and Recreation Board, second Wednesday, 8:30 p.m., park office at the armory.
• Guin Water Board, second Tuesday, 5 p.m.
• Gu-Win Town Council, first Monday, 7 p.m.
• Hackleburg Town Council, second and fourth Mondays, 6 p.m.
• Hackleburg Water Board, first Monday, 5 p.m.
• Hamilton City Council, first and third Mondays, 6 p.m.
• Hamilton Industrial Development Board, third Monday, 6 p.m., Hamilton City Hall Conference Room.
• Hamilton Kiwanis Club, Mondays, noon, Backside Barbecue in Hamilton.
• Hamilton Lions Club, first and third Tuesdays, 7 p.m., Clyde Nix Public Library.
• Hamilton Civitan Club, first and third Tuesdays, noon, Dinelli’s, Hamilton.
• Hamilton Planning Commission, fourth Monday, 6 p.m., Hamilton City Hall.
• Marion County Board of Education, Thursday, Aug. 22, 10 a.m., Central Office next to the Marion County-Rankin Fite Airport, Hamilton.
• Marion County Commission, second and third Mondays, 9 a.m., commission’s annex building.
• Marion County Democratic Party, every third Tuesday at 6 p.m., Clyde Nix Public Library, Hamilton.
• Marion County Historical Society, second Monday, 6 p.m., Bevill Center, Bevill State Community College-Hamilton.
• Marion County Public Water Authority, first Tuesday, 6:30 p.m., authority’s office at 130 Industrial Drive, Hamilton.
• Marion County Republican Party, second Saturday of the month, Backside BBQ, Hamilton, 8:30 a.m.
• Marion County Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors, second Tuesday, 8 a.m., USDA office, 285 Laurel Lane, Hamilton.
• Northwest Alabama Arts Council, second Monday at the arts council office, 190 Military Street S., Hamilton, 5:30 p.m.
• Northwest Alabama Gas District Board of Directors, date and time set individually, gas district office, Hamilton.
• Twin Town Council, first Monday, 7 p.m., Twin Town Hall.
• Twin Water Authority, first Tuesday, 6 p.m., Twin Water Authority building.
• Winfield Board of Education, second Tuesday, board office, noon.
• Winfield City Council, first and third Tuesday, 5:30 p.m.
• Winfield Park and Recreation Board, second Wednesday, 6 p.m.
• Winfield Water and Sewer Board, second Thursday, 5:30 p.m.
Anyone with corrections, changes, or special meeting information is asked to call Scott Johnson at 921-3104. They may also mail the information to the Journal Record, P.O. Drawer 1477, Hamilton, Alabama 35570, fax it to 921-3105, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See complete story in the Journal Record.